Do Hyun's Movie Reviews

A collection of my thoughts on movies...

Name:
Location: San Ramon, CA, United States

Friday, November 03, 2006

Harold & Kumar go to White Castle

I love this movie. (Do I love too many movies?)

It's called "Harold and Kumar go to White Castle".
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/harold_and_kumar_go_to_white_castle/

Harold (a Korean-American) and Kumar (an Indian-American) are roomies. One night they decide to go to White Castle for a late-night snack. On their way to White Castle all kinds of funny and crazy things happen.

Again, this movie reminds me of Minnesota because only White Castle I've seen was in Minnesota, and that could be one reason why I like it.

But the biggest reason is Harold, who depicts a typical Korean guy so well. In this movie, he is sooooo Korean. Maybe it's not about being Korean. Rephrasing, he is sooooo like me.

It is also interesting because it depicts all the humiliations, disadvantages, unfair stereotyping and segragation that Asian immigrants (well, Jews and black people too) go through in the US in a humorous touch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home