Do Hyun's Movie Reviews

A collection of my thoughts on movies...

Name:
Location: San Ramon, CA, United States

Friday, November 03, 2006

Groundhog day -- My all-time favorite

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/groundhog_day/

I've seen a short clip of this movie when I was going to the ESL (English As a Second Language) right after I came to the US back in 1996. Actually, the ESL teacher used a short clip from this movie to tell us about what is "small talk".

Anyway, it is about a man who got into an unreal situation, where he has to live the same day (the groundhog day) over and over thousand times. It is really interesting to see the way he lives changes over time. Of course, he refuses to believe it at first, but then he tries to kill himself, and then he tries to make use of it with bad intentions, and then finally he starts doing good things using his power, and finally he got out of the loop.

I watched it literally more than 100 times. I really love the movie. It is fun, but still makes me think about how to live, and what to do in life every time I watch it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home